Tuesday 12 January 2010

Tilery Garage are *£^$

We are having a really bad experience with The Tilery Garage Kinmel Bay, Wales. My car broke down on the way home from holiday and was towed by the AA to this garage (28th Dec). It had a new clutch fitted and before we ever went to pick it up we were dissatisfied with their poor communication.

They called 4.30pm New Years Eve to let us know it was ready for collection. We hurried out and despite the poor weather (snow and ice) made it in about an hour. We were left hanging about in the freezing conditions as 'the boss' was out delivering a car. My husband left for home in his car before me and I made a 20 min visit to a friend five mins away before I too left for home. It was aparent after several miles that something was very wrong with the car and getting worse very quickly. I could barely manage 30 miles an hour on pitch black roads out in the countryside that I am unfamiliar with. I wasn't sure exactly where I was as I was between towns and couldn't find somewhere safe to park, with the car deteriorating by the minute.It was scarey. Eventually I limped into a petrol garage at St Asaph just off the A55. The smell alone from the front of the car confirmed the new clutch had 'gone'. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!

As my husband was still on his way home I had to get my oldest son to come out to rescue me. Lucky really that I had someone free to do so. Of course being New Year meant the car wasn't recovered till Saturday. Still dreadful communication. Unfortunately, by the time it was ready the snow had fallen and my poor car has been stranded since then at their garage waiting for them to deliver it back to me. Queried today when it was coming as the roads were ok now and after 4hrs or so called back to say -tonight. Well about 10pm we got a phone call to say otherwise.

Was I surprised they didn't bring it- no.

Am I surprised they actually let us know-amazed!

No comments: