Thursday 30 December 2010

Not a Very Bloggy Year

Like so many other good intentions this blog fell at the wayside. uncared for and abandoned to it's fate in some small dark corner labeled 'things to do'.

On the positive side I;

  • Got my website up and running including a 'shop' and it even had a revamp
  • http://www.brendasharp.co.uk/
  • Redecorated the front room and was installed into my new 'studio'.
  • Chose, had printed, then mounted/framed a selection of prints to sell.
  • Made a collection of handmade books including a limited edition mini version of 'Jim's Yard'.
  • Exhibited at the Williamson's Spring Open.
  • Was part of the collective that exhibited and sold through our very own contribution to The Liverpool Independents Biennial - The Six Rooms Gallery.
  • Put a selection of my work in the art and craft shop at Carr Farm.
  • Sold both prints and books at Art in the Park, LOACA's Contemporary Craft Fairs, St Georges Hall Winter Crafts Fair and at other venues.
  • Enjoyed the fruits of Paul and my labour from the allotment

On the far less positive side I;

  • Have never had an enquiry or sale via the web site.
  • Abandoned decorating the hall, stairs and landing halfway through and it has remained that way for over six months.
  • Had great deal of outlay we could scarcely afford (financially, emotionally, and in time) for little or no return for most ventures.
  • Have a great deal of work to do on the allotment to keep the site secretary off our backs (cultivating and mending sheds).

So assuming I put it all down to experience and choose to believe all those who got me through the year by believing in me and my work what do I do in 2011?

No comments: