Saturday 8 May 2010

How Long?



How can it possibly be so long since I posted? I probably shouldn't have started two blogs. I thought at the time I would keep one more 'professional' and let it be a showcase for my work and the other a platform for whim and fancy to dictate what I wrote. Looks like I made a mistake.

I have been working towards building up a good selection of framed prints, mounted prints and other bits and bobs to (hopefully) sell Friday 14th May between 6pm and 9pm at Liverpool's Bluecoat Arts Centre.There will be many stalls selling lots of lovely contemporary art and craft in the courtyard, part of Light Night in Liverpool when many galleries and other venues will be open till late evening. I will be there again 29th May for LOACA ART'S regular monthly Contemporary Craft and Art Fair.

It has taken longer than expected to get enough stock together as I recently took up a space at a new art and craft outlet in old farm cottages, part of Carr Farm Garden Centre, Meols CH47 9RE.



All the framed prints I had went there and I have been very busy preparing more items to have there for sale as well as the Bluecoat. To compliment the prints I am making books with my images on the covers, and some very cute hessian block canvasses with my Maguerites on them (only 10cm x10cm). The dratted printer has been testing my patience to the max. It's preferred modus operandi is to accessorise any print with jazzy yellow lines all over it. It takes great cunning and stealth to outwit it and get decent prints for my book covers.

Am also waiting on tenterhooks for several parcels, one of which has been a no show and the other a re-order from a second company when the first let me down. It is getting awfully close to the wire I just wish I had everything finished and ready to go.

No comments: